Christopher E. BlankPartner
11 Schoen Place, 7th Floor
Pittsford, NY 14534
Phone: (585) 389-0951
Fax: (585) 385-0036
E-Mail Christopher E. Blank
Christopher Blank is a registered patent attorney at Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP. Chris’ practice provides services to companies, large and small, ranging in technology from medical device companies, health care companies, hardware companies, semiconductor companies and software companies and many others. Chris has supervised and practiced in the areas of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, eye care including contract lenses, eye treatment and ophthalmic solutions.
Prior to providing legal services for the public, Chris was a tenured Professor of Law at the New Hampshire School of Law, 1991- 2001. He taught courses in Patent Prosecution, Application Drafting and Patent and Trademark Policy. He was the Founder and Director of the Innovation Clinic that provided intellectual property services and business counseling to small businesses and individuals in New Hampshire. The clinic was recognized by the Department of Health and Human Services in 1995 as a significant contribution to the community and as a model for public service.
Chris has also negotiated and drafted technology-based licensing agreements for the software industry, medical device and pharmaceutical fields as well as served as a consultant and manager of complex patent litigations. He has also instructed several courses in entrepreneurship and small business management for seven years at the Harvard Extension School.
Chris was an in-house patent attorney at Bausch & Lomb, Inc., where he developed and acquired Intellectual Property for the contact lens business, the contact lens solution business, the pharmaceutical business and the Coatings Division. He litigated trade secret actions and managed litigations and supported acquisitions by drafting agreements and conducting due diligence studies.
- Responsible for Licenses for Electrical Connector Equipment covering a coordinated licensing/enforcement program and due diligence studies in the same field in support of merger and acquisitions.
- Licensing review for privately owned healthcare company in the field of negotiating licenses for medical monitor technology and negotiation licenses with competitors in enforcement campaigns.
- Licensing of fast growing outdoor sporting goods company for individual patents and for mergers and acquisitions.
- Licensing of trade secrets and know-how for privately owned formulations company.
- Licensing of medical devices and portfolio for Israeli based company to major manufactures in the United States and throughout the world, including licenses covering foreign manufacturing and sales.
Over the course of his career, Chris has managed or litigated numerous cases representing both defendants and plaintiffs. He has both taken and defended depositions of fact witnesses and expert witnesses; drafted motions and other litigation documents; argued claims interpretation motions, and counseled clients about overall litigation and settlement strategy. A select listing of cases include:
- Degelman Industries v. Protech
- Elite Archery v. Kevin Strothers
- Tailored Lighting v. Osram Sylvania
- Target Technologies v. Williams Advanced Materials
- Williams Advanced Materials v. Target Technologies
- AptarGroup v. Summit Packaging
- WorldWide Medical Plastics v. MedeFab
- Henry J. Baron v. Bausch & Lomb
- Bausch & Lomb, Inc. v. Barnes Hind
- Cooper v. Sylvania, et al