Patent Prosecution Attorneys
Organizations consistently choose Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts based on our reputation for developing unique and effective patent prosecution strategies. The result is high quality patents at the lowest possible cost to you.
Our patent attorneys work closely with patentees to develop a sound filing strategy that complements your company’s IP culture and budget. These strategies are tailored to your company to maximize the value of each patent in your portfolio while striving for compact prosecution to minimize costs.
The patents prosecuted by Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP have been litigated and licensed on a regular basis by many industry-leading companies. Many of these key patents have been valued in the 10’s and 100’s of millions of dollars, and have led to several high-value mergers and acquisitions.
TO ENHANCE YOUR PORTFOLIO AND FURTHER LEVERAGE YOUR INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY, WE PROVIDE:
- Patent portfolio management counseling
- Well-drafted patent applications
- Key analysis of patent office actions
- Recommendations for overcoming prior art rejections while preserving valuable claim scope and clean prosecution history
- Innovative and cost-effective ways to efficiently procure patents
- Experience working with patent examiners to accelerate the process of obtaining a patent at the lowest possible cost
- Working knowledge of USPTO programs designed to save time and fees
Our patent attorneys are experienced in developing and implementing reliable procedures for high volume filings to ensure each application filed by our firm undergoes a careful, professional review. Our sophisticated patent prosecution practice continues from the filing through the issuance of each application.
Whether you are an entrepreneur striving to organize and finance a start-up venture or a corporation seeking to protect their market share, Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP delivers unmatched value by providing critical intellectual property law services.
PROTECTION OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Through an extensive network of trusted associates spanning the globe, Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP will assist you in the protecting your IP worldwide. Having filed patent applications in over 100 different countries, we offer a reliable path to global protection.
Given the costs to pursue foreign markets, it is essential to develop a foreign filing strategy with an understanding which foreign markets to exploit, and how best to optimize global protection. Our experienced foreign patent attorneys will work with you to cost-effectively protect your IP outside the United States.
REPRESENTING FOREIGN PATENTEES WITHIN THE UNITED STATES
Law firms around the world entrust their clients’ matters to Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts LLP. We consistently issue hundreds of patents on behalf of foreign clients each year.
How your clients’ matters are handled in the U.S. can be reflected directly on your firm. For this reason, we adopt the same top-notch procedures and policies as with our domestic clients so that we become an extension of your firm.
TO ENSURE SUCCESSFUL AND COST-EFFECTIVE PROCUREMENT OF U.S. RIGHTS, WE PROVIDE:
- Pre-filing review/amendment of specification and claims to avoid formal objections and focus the Patent Office’s attention to the merits of the application
- Review of technical terms translated into English to ensure intended, technical meaning
- Effective cooperation with foreign associates
- Studying comments with an eye toward U.S. law
- Strategic use of petitions and accelerated examination procedures, such as the Global PPH and IP5 programs to take advantage of positive decisions of patentability from other patent offices
- Inspection of document particulars, including accurate priority claims, compliant drawings, and required Information Disclosure Statements (IDS)